Fertility Massage is a specialist form of abdominal massage that focus on supporting the optimal health of the reproductive, digestive, and urinary systems of the body. A combination of both therapies is offered to gently bring the organs within the abdominal area into proper alignment, releasing pressure and strengthening the surrounding muscles and ligaments. This in turn improves blood, nerve, and lymph flow. The increased circulation to the digestive system, where 80% of our immune system resides supports optimal health, and the techniques used soothe the digestive tract encouraging natural movement and elimination.
For women, the massage increases circulation to the uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes, promoting hormonal balance and easing menstrual health challenges. It helps correct misalignment of the uterus, assists the body in eliminating old stagnant blood, and gently breaks down adhesions and scar tissue. It has traditionally been used to support optimal fertility and is very beneficial in preparing the womb for pregnancy and in realigning the abdominal organs postpartum.
What is involved in the initial consultation & massage?:
An in depth case history will be taken prior to your appointment and reviewed at the beginning of the consultation. Then you will receive the massage, tailored to your individual health requirement.
Contraindications: (Please read before booking your massage)
– Just prior to or during a period, although the massage can be adapted.
– If you have an IUD/Coil fitted.
– Immediately following abdominal surgery.
– Presence of open wounds or active infection.
– First trimester of pregnancy.
* If trying to conceive, it is recommended to schedule your sessions between the end of your period and ovulation. Beginning the massage 3 months prior to conception is optimal but it is helpful at any stage. The massage is also beneficial in preparation for IVF.*